Alaska Policy Forum has been selected as a finalist for the Bob Williams Awards for Outstanding Policy Achievement! The awards have four categories: Most Influential Research, Best Issue Campaign, Biggest Home State Win, and Biggest Win.
APF is a finalist for Biggest Win!
We were nominated for our work on opt-in Janus rights, making sure government employees know their First Amendment rights and can exercise them at will. Alaska is the first state to begin full implementation of the Janus v. American Federation of State, County, and Municipal Employees ruling, and we have led the way for other states to follow in our footsteps, including Texas, Indiana, and Michigan.
Voting for the winner is now open, and supporters of APF are welcome to vote! Click here to vote. Voting closes at 7:59PM on July 24, so make sure to vote before then.
Thanks to all of our supporters who make our work possible!
For more information on the Janus v. AFSCME Supreme Court decision, check out these resources:
- Janus v. AFSCME Anniversary: Restoring Government Workers’ First Amendment Rights
- Janus v. AFSCME: Frequently Asked Questions
- The Janus Decision: Resources for Government Workers
- Janus v. AFSCME: One Year Later
- Key Takeaways from the AG Opinion on Janus v. AFSCME
- AG Opinion on Janus v. AFSCME Garners National Attention
- Administrative Order Moves State Employees to Opt-In Process for Union Dues
- Creed v. ASEA: Two Alaska Workers Sue the State and ASEA over Forced Union Dues Payment
- Texas Following in Alaska’s Footsteps
- Indiana Follows Alaska to Protect Government Workers’ Rights