Honorable Lisa Murkowski 24 July, 2017
United States Senate
Dear Senator Murkowski,
I want to thank you for serving the people of Alaska. However, I am very concerned with your position on repealing Obamacare and its long-term impact on this Nation.
You see, I believe the overall strategy of Obamacare is to bring single payer health insurance to Americans, which would be financially devastating and require Alaskans to “take a number for health care”. That is, most Alaskans would have to wait in line. Some would not.
Here are my concerns if you vote “no” on repealing Obamacare:
- You are supporting the eventual implementation of single payer health insurance for most.
- You are picking winners and losers in Alaska which will further divide Alaskans against each other. The winners will be the Alaska Native community and the losers will be all other Alaskans.
- You will further deny the seniors on Medicare the health care they have paid for every working day of their lives and continue to pay through monthly Medicare Part B premiums. This is because those enrolled in Medicaid Expansion will be seen by doctors before Medicare seniors due to a 30% higher Medicaid reimbursement rate.
- You will incentivize Alaskans not to work or just work until they reach the nearly $20,000 annual limit so they can be eligible for Medicaid Expansion.
- You will favor recently released felons who will be enrolled in Medicaid Expansion over Medicare seniors. Some of these released felons may be serial rapists and others who have done heinous crimes.
- In Alaska just under 40% of those enrolled in Medicaid Expansion are in the age group 19-34. There are now more than 34,739 enrolled in Medicaid Expansion in AK, including released felons. This indicates that Obamacare’s Medicaid Expansion is incentivizing the wrong behavior and instilling a negative work ethic in our youth.
- Finally, you know that former Senator Begich is known as the 60th vote which ensured passing of Obamacare in the Senate. Please do not be known as the vote that did not repeal Obamacare and led to a single payer health care system and to fiscal disaster for this Nation.
Senator Murkowski, I believe you are a better person and would not support not even opening up debate on the repeal of Obamacare. Keeping Obamacare in place will exact a toll on our other national programs, especially the Defense Department. And I know that you do not want a single payer health care program that will provide poor service to all. I further know that you do not want to divide Alaskans, Alaska Native against non-Alaska Native.
I fervently and strongly ask that you vote to repeal Obamacare and to vote to open debate in the U.S. Senate. Thank you.
Here is a great video from Remy of Reason regarding the liberals’ support of Obamacare (not part of the above letter to Senator Murkowski): https://youtu.be/eXWhbUUE4ko